Exhibit A

This is one of those last breath, last reach, last chance moments. No turning back, pillar of salt, now or never moments. How fitting it seems to be staring down this juncture on the longest day of the year. How like God it seems, in my limited experience of Him, to make the longest day of the year the “last day” afforded me with which I might pull myself together. Chance after chance after chance on this very long day, because He never wants us to run out of chances. And though I realize I know very, very little in this life, I find that I know this: One person’s failure, or near-failure, to answer their calling is not just their problem, it’s the problem of every person who is positioned to be impacted, empowered, and uplifted by that calling. Blogging to you with no particular destination from the table of this coffeehouse in small-town Florida may not seem grand, but it is necessary. To me.


So, here’s the plan. Three weeks on, one week off. Five days a week. Resting for the Sabbath and Sunday being a wild card. A place to be intimate. Intellectual. Sincere and hopefully silly. My cabinet of curiosities. My diary. An exposition of the carnival that lives inside my brain. And if my questions about life, pain, or my personal triumphs can somehow make your life better, or shine meaning where before there was darkness, then I’ve done my job.


I don’t know what texture or tone or breadth this thing will span and take, but I’m telling you, writers have to write, and preferably not only into a void. These sharings will inevitably be rough around the edges—rough and ready. Maybe they’ll be super girly—I honestly can’t predict it. Maybe I’ll just want to talk about plants, then dancing. Maybe one week will span across food science, music, weight lifting and love affairs. Maybe I’ll pretend I’m writing a travel blog, then a poetry book. And if you’re still here (and God bless you), then I’d wager you might want to sign up for emails so you can get a weekly roundup of where the carnival has been.


And really, if you’ve ever felt like your ship has sailed off without you or that the world has turned and left you behind, then I’m here to tell you that you couldn’t be more wrong.

Take me, for example. Exhibit A…

Comments

Popular Posts