I am the author, but I don't outrank you.

My dear reader, I can barely focus my attention for 2 minutes at a time, and feel as though my energy has dispersed and is twirling all around me like little, shimmering cyclones—especially where my work is concerned, and when I come to sit with you.

I’ve already gotten up twice since writing that sentence.


But here’s the crux:


I’ve come to realize that I need to be open to whatever changes Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur will bring, for they always bring changes, and for the better. 56 entries in, I’m realizing that it may not be the right course of action, after all, to continue with a daily blog.


The challenge is to let go of what I think is working or not working, and offer up a blank slate to the Creator, so that He may inscribe what is good and right for the coming year.


In all honesty, I had a feeling something like this may occur. It became obvious and impending a couple of days back as I was waiting for the elevator up to the parking deck, chewing on thoughts that had unfurled from their resting place over the course of a long day spent at work.


And because I perish the thought of parting from you for very, very long, I will also offer up to Him this love and this sense of honor I feel in sharing time and space with you, dear reader, that I may receive the next iteration of what Hold Me, Touch Me could be.


I’ll probably take the next week off, as the holy days have the effect of altering my state of being. Maybe you will hear from me, and that would be wonderful, but promises I cannot make.  


I can only tell you how completely enlivening these 56 days have been of writing and  publishing new work in this most unlikely of homes, named for a film I’ve seen about 85 times and can exuberantly recite by heart. (“I am the author…I outrank you!”


56 blog posts where once there were none…


Hugs and kisses to you all! See you on the other side of this miraculous time of year.


Yours, Natalie

Comments

Popular Posts